Lumaktaw sa pangunahing content

D.I.Y. Project: Monster Bookmark

It is only now that I found time to post my escapades during the six month "exile" [as I would like to refer to it] of the review for the Architecture board exam. 

This post is about this instant crafting adventure I had in the midst of studying. I made Monster Bookmarks!

I was browsing instagram #diy for craft ideas that I can do after the board exam and I stumbled upon a photo of a monster bookmark.
It was super cute! I checked out the comments if there are any tutorials on how to make them, but sadly there were none.

In the end, I tried to make one using my own awesome self and ingenuity.


 The screen shot of the monster bookmark from an instagram post on the left and my own version of the monster bookmark is the one on the right.

I posted this photo on my instagram account, and I got a tutorial request!
For fun and amusement, I made a simple photo tutorial on how to make the monster bookmark and posted it on instagram.


On this blog, I will try to explain each photo on how to make the base for the monster bookmark. All you really have to learn to do is the base, the monster face is already an outflow of creative juices.

D.I.Y Monster Bookmark Tutorial

You will need:

Glue 
(I used double sided tape)
Scissors
Paper
(I used my study notes memo pad for the colored parts & un-ruled index cards for the white components)

Here is a photo of the actual SQUARE colored memo pad that I used.
Step 1: Fold the square paper and make triangular creases like the ones on the photo shown above.
Step 2: Fold one leaf of the triangular portion upward towards the center.
Observe that the corner of the paper meets the center. Apply glue/double sided tape to hold it in place.
Step 3: Fold the two outer triangles downward.
Notice now that all three corner of the square paper meet in one point.
Step 4: Fold both leaves upward to meet the center point and make a crease. 
Step 5: Fold it out, and notice that you now have a crease mark.
Step 6: Fold one of the leaves so that the outer edge will meet the center crease line you made in step 5.
 Step 7: Do the same with the opposite leaf.
 Step 8: Fold it upward and secure everything with the glue or double sided tape.

If you have the base, it is now time to go crazy and release you artsy self!

Here are some of my creations!
Mr. Nerd O. Freak, Ms. Oblina and Mr. Red Dragon.
Here is the entire family of Monster Bookmarks that I made!

Happy Paper Folding! <3

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

Choosing the RIGHT Architecture Review Center

I just recently passed the Architecture Licensure Examination held last 25th and 27th of January 2013. Being one of the placers in the exam was one of the best and most humbling highlight in that experience. So, as expected, many of my friends who are about the take the review are asking me which Architecture Review Center is the best. Of course, there is no one valid answer to this question - the answer will always be subjective. If you would ask me what I would recommend, I would of course recommend the review centers I enrolled to since their review approaches were effective for me. If you want to know what REVIEW CENTER IS THE BEST, well you won't find the answer here. LOL. I'm just basically blogging about my architecture review experience. The most basic question here is how did I choose the review centers I attended to in the first place? Ans. BY RECOMMENDATION Before enrolling to any review center, I had to research a lot. [Yes, I can be O.C. like that.]

The Kulay-full Davao Tagalog

According to my good old friend Wiki, there are roughly 125 to  175 dialects in the Philippines depending on the category or classification. Quite a lot for such a smalll country, right? Perhaps this can be attributed to our country’s archipelagic nature. Whatever is the root of this great degree in variation, this blog entry is a personal in depth analysis of the Davao Tagalaog that I grew up with, in comparison with all the other dialects in the country. From the first few words I uttered to the most complicated sentences that I was able to muster, the Davao Tagalog has always been a part of me. But before anything else, what exactly is the Davao Tagalog? I’m no linguist expert of sorts, but I will try to define the Davao Tagalog based on my personal experience of the dialect. DEFINING DAVAO TAGALOG The Davao Tagalog is an amalgamation of Tagalog (Luzon: Northern Island and capital of the Philippines) and Bisaya (Visayas: Central Islan

Architecture Licensure Examination Philippines: References & What-nots

Hello ladies & gents! Today I will once again be talking about architecture.  But this blog's particular topic revolves around an architectural milestone that architecture students keep at the back of their heads pretending its still doesn't concern them because at the moment they are dealing with things of greater weight - plates and thesis.  An architectural milestone that gives the chills and jitters to the architecture graduates because this a point in time filled with career defining decision making moments.  Also, this milestone to when now registered and licensed architects look back to breathes out a sigh of relief knowing that it is finally over. Yes, the ALE or the Architecture Licensure Examination. The ALE is like a barrier, a wall that you must climb over and you must land on the other side with both feet. Thank goodness, I am now other side of the wall unscathed, or so I'd like to believe. It is my obligation as an architect to men