Lumaktaw sa pangunahing content

Wellmanson's: Crafter's Haven

If you are a person who enjoys D.I.Y. crafty and bauble projects
and you are in the far flung regions of the Philippines and wondering
where to get those connectors, charms, strings, ropes, ribbons,
and beads it is time to look no further.

This post will surely help you!

As a craft-er [i just made that word up] myself I found my self in that
hey-i-want-to-make-that-thingy-but-i-don't-know-where-to-buy-that-material situation.

For those who felt the same way, this artistic frustration
can really be annoying at times. Where you go to your local craft supplies store and realize how limited the supplies in you area are - in may case my hometown is in Davao City. Then if the thingy you want IS in stock, you get all excited and think 'Oh, yeah!' then when you look at the overpriced value written on the price tag you go 'Oh, shoot!'


I haven't done any D.I.Y.s for a long time though when I was 
in Manila for the six months review for the architecture board examination.
Though, I was able to do a little craft project during that time
but it was a material resourcefulness (using my colored memo pads that i use for making study notes) that allowed me to do so.

But when I got back to Davao last February 2013, a friend of mine, Arch. Elline Algabre [also an avid craft-er herself] asked me if I went to this particular craft supply shop in Quiapo. She sent me a link from this particular website
and I got very excited. I just had to see the place with my own two eyes.

And so, on March 4, 2013, a day after the Oath Taking I marched my way to Quiapo looking for the very promising craft supplies shop.

It was very exciting, because all the while for the past six months I was there in Manila I didn't know about this place. For six long months, I have been frequenting Quiapo Church and all this time this little craft-er's haven was sitting under my nose all along.

How to get there, you ask?
Well, if you know how to get to Quiapo Church 
it is most definitely easy to find Wellmanson's. 

Step 1: When you are in the Church of the Great Nazarene,
have your photo taken at the facade of the church
This picture isn't mine.

Step 2: Don't turn away! Facing away from the church, and do a panorama view of the Plaza Miranda until you catch site of an arch.
This picture isn't mine as well.

Step 3: Lock in on that arch and tread the street of Villalobos.

You will find a lot of other accessories and bead shops in the area, but we are looking for Wellmanson's. From the arch you will find the shop to your right.

Wellmanson's has an adequately sized signage just up front. 

When I entered the shop it was indeed overwhelming.

The shop didn't just meet, but it went beyond my expectation. It was well-lit and air conditioned. It had a huge variety of almost anything a carft-er could need and think of to choose from.

Beads for the bead lovers and craft-ers who prefer to accessorize with their own creations.
 Ready made earrings for the kikay in you.
 Really cute and fun key or cellphone chains to prep up your gadgets and bags.
I also adored their affordable wallets, pouches and purses.
I was amazed by the price! I estimate purses that cost 
around Php 150.00 to Php 200.00 in bazaars, are sold
here for Php 80.00 to Php 120. 
D.I.Y. bracelets and key chains. They have a huge variety of letters and charms to choose from. With straps and chains costing about Php 10.00 to Php 25.00 and letters ranging from Php 5.00 to Php 10.00.
 Some more beads.
 Some strings, leather cords, and ribbons.
Beading supplies!!! 
Charms, charms and more charms 
Ready made arm swag!

I spent around Php 400.00 on my first visit to this shop.
[Yes! I intend to return in the future] I just bought my self ready made bracelets (particularly kidada wraps and leatherette bracelets, i think i was able to buy around 7 bracelets), and a cool animal printed ring.
I didn't buy craft supplies since I still don't have a D.I.Y. project in mind.

Aren't the photos delightful to the eye? I was in the shop for almost two hours, scavenging the delightful and affordable accessories and supplies in the shop. It was amazing because there were I think around 4 or 5 lanes filled with everything you can think of.

Now, as I look back I think it was a good thing that I learned of this shop after passing the board exam. It would have been a total distraction for a craft-er like me!

Mga Komento

  1. Hi! Thank you for the infos. :) Would like to ask if they have metal chains and metals clasps and locks? Also is it affordable there?

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. They do have those,and yes they are relatively affordable compared to the ones you can buy in malls. But you can't buy these small items in retail, you buy them in bulks. :)

      Burahin
  2. Ugh I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog. I've been looking for craft stores for quite some time now. I'm planning to sell accessories as well but I don't want to sell ready-made ones. This post helped me a lot! Thanks! x

    TumugonBurahin
  3. may starter kit kayong binibenta? magkano? pwede bumili online? anong proced uret

    TumugonBurahin
  4. Hi! Thanks for your blog. Im looking for ref magnet thingy.. hopefuly they hve stocks. Anyways, taha davao pud ko. Ay actually lanabl, davao del norte. God bless

    TumugonBurahin

Mag-post ng isang Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

Choosing the RIGHT Architecture Review Center

I just recently passed the Architecture Licensure Examination held last 25th and 27th of January 2013. Being one of the placers in the exam was one of the best and most humbling highlight in that experience. So, as expected, many of my friends who are about the take the review are asking me which Architecture Review Center is the best. Of course, there is no one valid answer to this question - the answer will always be subjective. If you would ask me what I would recommend, I would of course recommend the review centers I enrolled to since their review approaches were effective for me. If you want to know what REVIEW CENTER IS THE BEST, well you won't find the answer here. LOL. I'm just basically blogging about my architecture review experience. The most basic question here is how did I choose the review centers I attended to in the first place? Ans. BY RECOMMENDATION Before enrolling to any review center, I had to research a lot. [Yes, I can be O.C. like that.]

The Kulay-full Davao Tagalog

According to my good old friend Wiki, there are roughly 125 to  175 dialects in the Philippines depending on the category or classification. Quite a lot for such a smalll country, right? Perhaps this can be attributed to our country’s archipelagic nature. Whatever is the root of this great degree in variation, this blog entry is a personal in depth analysis of the Davao Tagalaog that I grew up with, in comparison with all the other dialects in the country. From the first few words I uttered to the most complicated sentences that I was able to muster, the Davao Tagalog has always been a part of me. But before anything else, what exactly is the Davao Tagalog? I’m no linguist expert of sorts, but I will try to define the Davao Tagalog based on my personal experience of the dialect. DEFINING DAVAO TAGALOG The Davao Tagalog is an amalgamation of Tagalog (Luzon: Northern Island and capital of the Philippines) and Bisaya (Visayas: Central Islan

Architecture Licensure Examination Philippines: References & What-nots

Hello ladies & gents! Today I will once again be talking about architecture.  But this blog's particular topic revolves around an architectural milestone that architecture students keep at the back of their heads pretending its still doesn't concern them because at the moment they are dealing with things of greater weight - plates and thesis.  An architectural milestone that gives the chills and jitters to the architecture graduates because this a point in time filled with career defining decision making moments.  Also, this milestone to when now registered and licensed architects look back to breathes out a sigh of relief knowing that it is finally over. Yes, the ALE or the Architecture Licensure Examination. The ALE is like a barrier, a wall that you must climb over and you must land on the other side with both feet. Thank goodness, I am now other side of the wall unscathed, or so I'd like to believe. It is my obligation as an architect to men